01/03/14
http://www.humberbridge.co.uk
I
chose to use the Humber bridge for a subject in my project because it
seemed a logical subject type to use. I was already looking for
bridges on a smaller scale, why not use a massive architectural feat,
that both dramatically shows natural landscape and man's impact on
the area, in a scene that can be quite pleasing to behold. I used a
similar ideology behind this location as the reservoir in the
Yorkshire shoot.
The
contact sheet for this shoot can be seen below.
I
took few images for this shoot, but I feel it was one of the most
successful so far in this project. I set off to the location thinking
it was going to be a clear day, I checked the forecast beforehand so
I would know what to expect and prepare relevant. However when I got
there I was presented with the scene show above, the low clouds
making it appear like the the bridge was coming out of the fog, I
couldn't of asked for much better conditions. Not only could I see
most of the bridge with the nice directional light, I also had the
element of the clouds and fog to give some drama to the images and
make them far more interesting. The fog also helped to hide the other
side of the river aiding to minimise the elements in the image,
fitting perfectly with the aesthetic I was trying to achieve.
The
reason I didn't take many images was because there wasn't many places
to go where I could get a different angle or composition on the
bridge. I went straight to an area where I thought it would be
optimum and shot from there, I later did walk up and down the river
side to see if there was better angles, but they didn't appear to be.
And after getting so close to the bridge I found out the path was
actually closed due to construction so I couldn't get to the other
side of the bridge. This didn't matter much anyway as I already felt
I had the best composition and conditions I was likely to get and
felt I already had to shot I was after.
Below
the before and after editing images can be seen. As shown the images
were very dusty, I was unable to clean my equipment properly since
the last shoot due to lack of equipment, I left the cleaning cloth,
pens and air blower on my desk at home. I was able to remove most
dust spots in Photoshop however. I also decided to flip the image as
I felt it was more pleasing to see the bridge coming from the left
than from the right hand side. This will almost definitely be one of
my final images. A
step by step editing guide can be seen for this image on the editing
page of my blog.
![]() |
| Jaimie Golby |
![]() |
| Jaimie Golby |



No comments:
Post a Comment