10/03/14
For
the finale of my series I wanted to end on a cityscape, I thought
this would be an appropriate end as its one of the biggest impacts
people have on the environment. I have chosen London for my cityscape
as local and just an ideal place to visit. More specifically I have
chosen to shoot from Primrose Hill. I have chosen this location
because it offers an elevated view across London and should allow me
to get the shot I'm looking for, I will also be able to photograph in
Reagent's park for more landscape gardening as its on the way to the
hill.
The
contact sheets for this shoot can be seen below.
Initially
this shoot didn't look like it was going to work with the weather,
but I carried on with it anyway and so glad I did. The shoot turned
out to be quite successful and ended up giving me another final image
for the series.
Initially
I struggled with composition for this one, I didn't know how to frame
the image so that I could keep everything as minimalistic as
possible. From the start of the project I knew I wanted a cityscape
to end on, but I couldn't work out ways to present a cityscape of
London in a minimalistic aesthetic. It wasn't until during the shoot
when I figured out a way.
As
I was so elevated over the city I was able to frame the shot so I
could avoid most of the foreground and have the city sitting on the
base of the image, and have sky taking up all the other empty space.
I
think the shoot might of gone better with different weather
conditions, there does seem to be a lack of contrast in the images,
and could maybe benefit from being shot in the evening with more
directional lighting to give nicer highlights and deeper shadows, but
overall I'm quite happy with the images produced in the shoot after
some editing. I did remove some of the buildings in the foreground so
that it was all trees along the base, I did this to remove
distractions and make the images more pleasing to the eye.
![]() |
| Jaimie Golby |
![]() |
| Jaimie Golby |




No comments:
Post a Comment