http://www.mgjackson.co.uk
Michael
Jackson is a British photographer based in Wales. Jackson studied art
at West Dean College and then went on to apprentice under landscape
painter Christopher W. Baker.
A
lot of Jackson's work is based on a single beach in Wales, Poppit
Sands, where he has revisited numerous times since moving to Wales.
Jackson has this to say about his work at Poppit Sands.
'This
seems to be something that I am compelled to do as I have not yet
tired of it. My goal is to keep on looking harder and hope that
through studying a single subject I can find something new. The beach
has an infinite complexity – it is constantly changing. Why would I
ever tire of trying to understand and record the infinite?'
(M.Jackson. http://www.mgjackson.co.uk/section399533.html
[Accessed: 28/11/13])
Jackson's
work has been exhibited numerous times, including at places like
Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Berlin, New York and many others. As well as
being exhibited his work has been featured in several magazines such
as Lenswork, silvershotz, amongst others and has also been featured
on many blogs including BBC News.
A child's landscape
A child's landscape is one of Jackson's studio based projects. Jackson has this to say about this particular project:
'I create these landscapes in my studio using sketched notes of the Pembrokeshire coast. I imagine these views through a telescope. I imagine pirates and explorers. I imagine swooping gulls and terrible storms, shipwrecks and stories of adventures and heroism. Overall I remember my childhood.
The landscape in a child's mind is not filled with exact facts. It is filled with excitement, with adventure and is unreal.' (M.Jackson.http://www.mgjackson.co.uk/gallery_572612.html [Accessed: 28/11/13])
The landscape in a child's mind is not filled with exact facts. It is filled with excitement, with adventure and is unreal.' (M.Jackson.http://www.mgjackson.co.uk/gallery_572612.html [Accessed: 28/11/13])
I included this project within my research because it fit in so well with my idea to create landscapes within the studio, and shows how other photographers have gone about doing the same thing.
![]() |
| Michael Jackson |
![]() |
| Michael Jackson |
![]() |
| Michael Jackson |
![]() |
| Michael Jackson |
![]() |
| Michael Jackson |





No comments:
Post a Comment