Friday, 27 December 2013

Transformative Studio Task #2


The transformative studio task was about trying to incorporate your main project into a sub studio project consisting of one black and white darkroom print. We needed to find a different approach to our projects that could be shot in the studio.
As my main project is about landscape work I needed to find away to bring the landscape into the studio. I had done something like this before last year so I found it quite easy to come up with ideas for what I wanted to do. Last year I created landscapes using clothes, beds, pillows ect (Images can be seen in earlier parts of my blog). I wanted to do something similar, but quite different at the same time. I started by looking at ways of creating model landscapes and using different materials to do so, such as rubbish, bottles, any scrap materials, and then I had the thought of using food, and so began the research into looking at different vegetables and I stumbled upon the foodscapes by Carl Warner which confirmed what I wanted to do as it fit in perfectly with the concept of my main project. Artificial vs natural landscape. Using natural materials (food) to create an artificial landscape. Using vegetables made my job that much easier because of their aesthetics, they already looked like things found in a landscape, broccoli for trees, bread for cliffs. Below you can see a low res scan of my print and peer marking sheet.  


Jaimie Golby

No comments:

Post a Comment