Sunday, 5 January 2014

Wittering, Sussex


A couple of days ago I went to Wittering in Sussex for a few days to try and capture some seascapes featuring some human interference in some way. The location was good, the beach had sea defences built on to it, perfect for the shots I wanted to get, seascapes with manmade structures. The weather however was not good. All week it rained, and by the end of the week it got very stormy, making it quite hard to get any shots. I took every available opportunity to get out on the beach when the rain slowed or stopped, but there was never much of a gap, and so resulted in the majority of photographs featuring water droplets all over the lens causing blurred and unsharp images and generally just ruining what I set out to achieve. Despite the set backs I kept trying, even if I didn't get any usable images from this trip at least I found one location with a scene that was perfect providing it is captured under better weather conditions. Perhaps another trip to this location is in order in the future. 

All images were taken using either a 10-stop ND filter and/or a 0.6 grad ND filter in bulb mode. All images have splotches across them from either the rain or spray from the sea due it being so windy, I was able to take a lot out with Photoshop but some still remain, although they are hard to see in these low res images, they are definitely noticeable and have caused unwanted blurring.  



The following are the better images I was able to salvage from the poor weather situation. I will continue editing to try and get more images from this trip.

Jaimie Golby

Jaimie Golby

Jaimie Golby

Jaimie Golby

Jaimie Golby

Jaimie Golby


No comments:

Post a Comment