![]() |
| 'Gentle Shadow' By Michael Henson |
The study task was to pick one image as an 'icon image' for this project, a image to aspire to, a image to inspire the project further, and so here is mine, 'Gentle shadow' by Michael Henson, I've probably already shown this image before in the blog, but here it is again.
I've chosen this image as my icon image because I really aspire to be able to achieve a similar aesthetic within my own work. The image is so simple, yet works so well. I really like the fine-art style in landscape work, and i feel the minimalist approach works so well with back and white photos.
I chose this image out of all of Henson's work because it fits in quite well with the project and what I plan to be doing with my work, and that is the inclusion of 'man-made' objects with the landscape environment. When landscape is thought of this brings to mind an ideal, a landscape with no human interference, just 'nature' if you will. But people are part of nature too, and with it, whatever they create is natural. I plan to show that man-made objects are just as natural as everything else by including them in landscape shots just like the fence in the above image. This is the modern landscape, it might be different to scenes taken 60 or 70 years ago, but thats nature, it changes, adapts.

No comments:
Post a Comment